The key elements of this communications plan will:
- Provide general messages about the YBFWRB’s work in the Yakima Basin;
- Identify target audiences that are most relevant to the work of the YBFWRB;
- Provide guidelines for key messaging and metrics for each audience;
- Identify target audiences for YBFWRB channels of communications;
- Provide near term, mid-range, and long-range communications priorities.
YBFWRB serves as the fiscal sponsor of the Eastern WA Riparian Planting Consortium and its annual symposium. The consortium started as a one-day conference, the brain child of Heather Simmons (Department of Ecology) and has grown to include year-round events and an annual one-day symposium since 2017. The consortium works to provide space for formal and informal learning opportunities (e.g. site tours, classes, and webinars) for riparian planting practitioners.
The Yakima Basin Habitat Restoration Projects booklet details the outcome of every project awarded funding through the Salmon Recovery Funding Board in the Yakima Basin. The booklet is updated biannually; the current version covers 1999-2019.