Regulatory Framework: What can and can’t be done.

What to Know When Managing Streamside Property

    • What are Buffers and Setbacks?
      • Washington State law requires all cities and counties to adopt rules protecting critical areas like wetlands and streams to preserve the natural environment, fish and wildlife species, sources of fresh drinking water, and encourage public safety.
      • These rules require buffers and setbacks around streams and rivers. Contact your city or county for information about your parcel.
      • Contact Mid-Columbia Fisheries or Kittitas County Conservation District (or both!) for riparian planting technical assistance.
    • What steps can I take to be prepared for flooding?
    • I’m flooding, what can I do?
      • Information from the Flood Control Zone District. What to Do During a Flood.
      • Call Flood Control Zone District: 509-962-7523
      • Call WDFW.
      • Call local government.
    • What to do after a flood?
      • Call Flood Control Zone District.
      • Call WDFW.
      • Call local government.
    • How can I Improve the stream?
      • Contact any of the entities for technical assistance.